Executive DirectorJan 25, 2024 | BY Executive Director | IN Uncategorized
Capella Centre Alberta is a non-profit society which provides a safe place where individuals and families
can escape from domestic violence, abuse and family violence, and receive compassionate support and
access to extensive programs. Capella Centre’s mission is to empower individuals and families to break
the cycle of domestic violence, through safety, knowledge and respect.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Executive Director to lead our organization. The
Executive Director will be responsible for overseeing the overall operations, strategic planning, and
financial management of Capella Centre. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in management, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse team and Board of Directors. This is a full-
time position, 40 hours per week, located in St. Paul, Alberta.
- Provide strategic leadership and direction to the organization, in alignment with the mission and
vision of Capella Centre.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to develop and implement strategic plans and initiatives.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization, ensuring effective and efficient delivery of
programs and services.
- Manage and mentor a team of 15-30 staff members, fostering a positive and inclusive work
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with funders, community partners and stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and reporting requirements.
- Monitor and evaluate program outcomes and impact, making necessary adjustments to improve
- Prepare and present regular reports to the Board of Directors on organization performance and
The Executive Director will be committed to Capella Centre’s vision & mission. The successful candidate
should be self-directed and have proven financial, leadership, coaching, and relationship management
Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g. business management, non-profit management, social
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership role within an organization.
- Proven track record in board governance, strategic planning, and financial management.
- Experience working with diverse teams and fostering an inclusive working environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships
with the community.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team towards achieving organizational goals.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant software applications.
- Understanding and commitment to research driven, family centered, strength-based service
provision and outcomes-based program evaluation.
- Successful experience with proposal writing and fundraising.
- Current Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention Check.
Capella Centre offers an enthusiastic team environment with a competitive compensation plan and
comprehensive health benefit plan. The work environment has a strong focus on employee wellness and
ongoing professional and personal development, with a commitment to staff celebration and recognition.
The salary range for this position is $85,000 – $95,000, dependent on qualifications and experience.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter by February 9th, 2024 to:
Email: [email protected]
For more information: capellacentre.ca/womens-shelter-careers
We thank all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.